LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
CHARLES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
200 KENT AVENUE
LAPLATA, MD 20646
This is the is the full performance level of professional social work providing preventive or protective services to vulnerable adults, children or families. Cases involve suspected child or adult abuse or neglect, out of home placement, guardianship or emergency protective orders, adoption or adult case management. Employees in this classification do not supervise.
EDUCATION: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families.
These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article, Title 4, Subtitle 2, Section 204(c)(1) of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits and the Department of Human Resources, Examination Services Unit do not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or by June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker (on or after July 1, 2018), Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to permanent appointment. Please attach/upload with your application a copy of any Maryland Social Work licensure you possess.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for twelve months. This list will be used by hiring agencies to select employees as positions become available.
Online applications process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant’s name and the job number and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information to Bettyj.email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7147.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.