Experienced, technically proficient administrative/clerical assistant with excellent planning, organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks and responsibilities. Known by peers and supervisors for the ability to organize office, streamline processes, schedule meetings, and order/maintain office inventory.
Manpower (Charles County Social Services) Feb 2019 – Aug 2019
Performed clerical duties including data entry, typing letters, envelopes, memos and
Charts; scanning, shredding, filing and coping to support caseworkers and leadership for
the division. Assisted new staff with needed supplies, maintained employees’ mailboxes as new
staff arrived at the agency. Completed business cards for social workers within the division.
Processed /filed all files in the closed file storage room. Assisted the Child Support division with
setting up new case folders and filed them in the unit’s filing system while maintaining a high level of
Kenney & Company Staffing Mar 2017 – Sep 2018
Staffing Specialist ll/Human Resource Specialist/Receptionist
Assisted with the management of the office through performance of human resource functions including
but not limited to, client recruitment efforts, scheduling of drug screenings, completion of background
checks, consulting with managers regarding candidates deemed to be “most qualified”, and
conducted employment reference checks.
· Created a more efficient database for forms and documents which decreased production time.
· Instituted systems and procedures for administrative functions which brought more efficiency while also
providing consistency and reducing errors.
· Implemented a filing system for Human Resources, organizing more than 300 past and current employee
Charles County Department of Social Services Mar 2016 – Mar 2017
Provided administrative support to the Administration, Child Support, and Family, Adult, and Children’s Services divisions of the agency, inclusive of the reorganization of existing filing systems, provided customer service, created spreadsheets to track payroll, created reports, prepared memos, and monitored adoption files.
· Recognized by agency administrators for being a team player, demonstrated by consistently providing
backup support to other departments.
· Introduced and organized a user-friendly filing system which reduced file retrieval time by 30%.
· Volunteered for several weeks providing exceptional customer service and office support where needed after
funding was not available to pay for services.
DC Metropolitan Police Department Dec 1989 – Dec 2014
Police Officer (Retired)
Served as a District law enforcement officer performing various duties and assignments including, but not limited to, answering service calls, time and attendance/payroll clerk duties, gathered and entered 125 employees time and wage data within the departments time manage system. In addition, periodically reviewed and updated pay data based on employees raises, changes in their tax status or other withholdings (such as adding dependents or changing benefit plans, provided security for DCPS as a school resource officer, conducted truancy enforcement, narcotic/criminal investigations, by applying for search and arrest warrants, and provided court testimony on assigned case investigations.
_____________ SKILLS, TRAINING and AWARDS_________________
· National School Violence Conference Public Agency Training Council (DOJ) 2001
· Appreciation Award for Outstanding Service Wilkinson Elem School 2005
· Appreciation Outstanding Service Truancy Pickup Program Douglas HS Attendance Center 2008
· Appreciation Award Youth Advisory Council District of Columbia Police Department 2011
· Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Google Applications
· Top Echelon Recruiting Data Base
· SAP Field-glass Procurement Management
Eastern High School – General Diploma 1980
Metropolitan Police Academy 1990
Law Enforcement Training – Office and Field Administration 1995
Chief of Police
DC Police Department
Ms. Patricia Fox
Kenney & Company Staffing