What type of income is used to determine eligibility?
Earned Income –
- Pay Checks from full-time or part-time jobs
- Tips earned on the job
- Money from self-employment
- Owning your own business
Unearned Income –
- Child Support Payments
- Social Security Payments
- Unemployment benefits-You may be required to apply if you were recently laid off
- Workmen’s Compensation benefits
- Cash contributions to the households, etc.
What should I bring when I apply?
- Proof of identity (driver’s license, Maryland ID card, etc.)
- Social Security numbers for everyone in the household
- Proof of address (lease, utility bill, etc.)
- Proof of income (recent pay stubs, benefit letters, etc.) for everyone in the entire household
- Proof of household expenses (recent utility bills, child care costs, recent doctor or hospital bills, etc.)
How long does it take to get benefits if I am eligible?
- Within 30 days for most programs
- Within 7 days if eligible for expedited Food Supplement
- The case worker will determine if you are eligible during your interview
- 90 days or more if a disability determination is required