The Charles County Department of Social Services Internship Program offers a high-quality learning experience for higher education level of students from various educational institutions and degrees of interest. While most placements occur in the fall, there are some opportunities with the spring semester.
The Intern Experience. Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Understand and put into practice the mission, goals and objective of the Department of Social Services.
- Learn how social services are applied in one of the following settings: Community Outreach, Finance & Administration, Adult Services and Youth and Family Services.
- Be treated as a part of the Department of Social Services team.
- Observe and perform specific job functions related to the division assigned.
- Participate in agency-wide meetings as well as team meetings within assigned division.
- Participate in required agency and/or divisional trainings.
- Process information and give feedback.